Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Stronghold




The Lord is my light –my salvation – whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom
shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 NIV

Let me think of people in my life whom I have feared.  They have been people who threatened me physically, financially and emotionally.  Looking back I see how God gave me insight when I prayed about the situations so that I was able to deal with the problems in a way that resolved them or kept them from escalating.  It gave me a sense of control. Any sense of being a victim of my circumstances left. I was able to see major pitfalls before I stepped into them, I was able to stand firmly  as dangers thundered by.
A stronghold – like a stone keep or castle,
A stronghold – God’s strong hold on my life

My salvation -  my rescue from destruction and pain
My salvation-  my life in the stronghold

No comments:

Post a Comment