Sunday, April 9, 2017

Worship




There you will worship other gods…You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life.  Deuteronomy 28:65, 66  NIV
Deuteronomy 28 is a chapter about contrasts.  It spells out the blessings of following God and it spells out the curses that result from going away from God's protection and guidance. 
What other gods have I worshipped?  Money, prestige, popularity, personal fulfillment, good health. Quite a few.  Have any of those things brought me lasting happiness? No.  Some have brought me short term happiness but like a sugar fix, there’s the “sugar low” after. And the low times are usually heavily weighted with anxiety and fear.
I like to study nature. It takes me away from me which is a very good thing. It’s restful to just enjoy God’s creation.  Soon we will be hearing the spring peepers.  Their song is a cheer for new life.  A cheer for the God that made all nature and wants what’s best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment