Thursday, January 6, 2022

A Good Crop

"Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop..." Mark 4:20 NIV

The last category of soil in the Parable of the Sower is the good soil which allows the seed to germinate, grow, and eventually produce a crop. This soil must be soft and friable.  The good soil can withstand drought and flood much better than the hard-packed path so even adversity does not preclude a profitable harvest.  A heart of good soil is a heart looking for God, for truth, for goodness, for love.  It longs to be in relationship with God and others.  Even before the planting of God's word, the heart of good soil looks to nature and marvels at the diversity and beauty of creation. It asks questions about the Creator of such a wonderful natural world. It is enthusiastic about receiving answers to its questions when it hears God's word. It is a heart that looks outward and does not focus on pride and selfish desires.  

Lord, till my heart so that I will be able to grow the your Word into fruit of the spirit that will bless me and the world around me. Discipline me when my heart goes hard and bring people into my life that will encourage me to be humble before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment