Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sudden Illness




Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27 NIV

A few days ago I heard that a young man that I know was suddenly seriously ill. Although I rarely see this man these days, when he was a boy I saw him regularly and always enjoyed spending time with him.  It was upsetting to hear of his illness. His friends and family, and church family are praying for him and he is getting proper medical care. Still one never knows the outcome of illnesses.  As Christians we are not guaranteed physical healings.

We are, however, guaranteed a Saviour who walks with us through our difficult times. Family and friends can hold on to the promises of God. This young man is surrounded by those who love him, and, in his innermost being, he is being held in God’s love. Whatever the outcome of this illness, nothing can separate him from the love of God in Christ Jesus. I really hope that he makes a full recovery. I would love to be able to celebrate that with his family. I pray that he and his family will feel closer to God because of this trial and that their assurance of his love will be strong. I hope they can keep an eternal perspective and know that in the end no matter what, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment