Monday, January 3, 2022

Trust

 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart."  Proverbs 3:5

So much said in so few words.  Some areas of our life are easier to give over to God than others.  I find I have given too much importance to my country and my politicians.  My country gives me a sense of home and belonging, and I feel uncomfortable when I feel it is threatened by inner or outer forces.  "Trust in the Lord."  I need to trust that God takes care of me no matter where I am, no matter the country, no matter the politicians.  My home is with God, in this life and the life to come.  When I remind myself of that truth, I can ride the waves of unpredictable situations with greater calmness knowing that the circumstances do not affect God's purposes for my life. Good news, indeed.

I pray that whenever I get caught up in the issue of the day that I will stop and remember that I am God's child, in his care, with a blessed life on this earth and after I die.  Looking at his wonderful creation will help me to see the majesty, glory and power of God. Let me be a light and not a messenger of gloom.  God has given us a message of love and hope, not discouragement and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment