Thursday, April 27, 2017

God's Daughter





He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. Revelation 21:7

God promises  water from the spring of life to those who follow him.  His promises are for those who overcome the temptation to rebel against him.  All around me are voices telling me to be the captain of my fate, to be my own boss, to believe in me, to fulfill my desires.  But if I want God’s living water, if I want to be his daughter, I need to silence those voices and remember his wonderful promises.
When I’m out in my garden and see the diversity and beauty of his creation, I get excited to think that when I die I will get to see God face to face.  I’ll be in his presence forever. The paltry offerings of the world – money, prestige, popularity- really do pale in comparison with what God offers me- eternal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment