Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Flying Money




Do not wear yourself out to get rich…they (riches) will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. Proverbs 23: 4,5 NIV

The fickleness of wealth. How many times do I hear of people who have gone from riches to rags.  Any number of events can scupper a bank account: a job loss, a health crisis, a natural disaster, even a change in government.  I do need enough money to pay the bills but to sacrifice my life for money is a foolish endeavour. 
I like the imagery of riches taking flight like a bird.  How could you possibly catch an eagle that has flown away?  That money is gone, for sure. We can be sensible in our finances but ultimately we need to remember that our money could be gone in a flash.  Would I be OK if our finances took a big hit? I think I would be. I’ve lived in tight circumstances in the past and I learned that there are lots of things I can do without.  I am thankful that today the bills are paid and that I have a roof over my head.  I don’t take it for granted that I will always be so comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment