Monday, April 3, 2017

Judgement




“But when they arrive, he (Cephas) began to draw back , separating himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.”  Galatians 2:12 NIV

This verse really resonates because I see in so many ways how I tweak my behaviour to be in line with various groups. Some of my family don’t like to talk about God so when I’m around them, I don’t talk about God or what part He plays in my life.   I don’t want controversy. I don’t want to annoy people.
Sometimes within my church family issues arise but I let them slide because I don’t want the hassle of conflict.  I don’t want to be snubbed. It is hard for me to  stand up and say, “This is who I am, this is what I think.”
 I like history and find politics interesting. Few in my circle of women friends share those interests,  so most of them wouldn’t even know that I try to educate myself in those fields.   By omitting to talk about things I care about,  I am succumbing to a fear of being judged.
 I hope that more and more I will embrace the person that God made me to be and not feel that I need to conform to some external criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment