Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sweet Sleep




My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight…
Then you will go on your way in safety and your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3:21,23-24  NIV

I really like Proverbs 3. It is such a beautiful piece of writing, like a lovely poem.
Wisdom is one of the greatest gifts that God can give us. To be able to make good decisions, to be able to discern the character of people, to be able to see our own failings and how we might remediate them, how special is that?  The world offers us a tableau of different lives.  We get to see what a wise life is like, we get to see what a destructive, foolish life is like.  God’s wisdom opens our eyes wide to the differences.  He shows us how to make the right decisions, how to avoid bad thinking patterns that can harm us, how to build good relationships with people. He even gives us sound advice on financial matters since He is a God not just of what are generally regarded as spiritual matters but He is a God involved in all the nitty-gritty of life.
Wisdom allays anxiety and fear by reminding us of God’s care and by giving us helpful discernment. Confident in God, I can  have restful, peaceful sleep, a sweet sleep. I really appreciate good sleep. I always look forward to crawling into my comfortable bed and giving up my daily concerns to God.
And it’s  much easier to tackle the challenges of my day when I’m well rested.
So many blessings from God’s wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment