Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Perfection




The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.  Psalm 19:7  NIV

The world is full of imperfection. People are imperfect in their attitudes, in their thinking, even in their health.  Governments are far from perfect and, even if they wanted to , wouldn’t know how to get there.  Our houses wear out  or even have imperfections like leaky roofs when they are new.
How refreshing to know that something is perfect.  The law of the Lord is perfect.  Not just good, or good enough, but perfect – no need for improvement.  It has covered all the bases and done it absolutely right. That thought alone revives my soul.  But better yet is the promise that the law of the Lord will revive my soul when it feels weary .  It makes me think of CPR.  Even if I was at the point of dying of despair, God’s law and love would resuscitate me. I don’t need to worry because I am not perfect.  God has all the perfection necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment