Saturday, May 20, 2017

Cherry Picking




For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 NIV

The law of God is not like a school exam.  51 % does not equal a pass. God’s law demands perfection, 100%. Of course, none of us can do that. James is reminding me that good enough is not the same as righteous. 

I need to be careful that I am not cherry-picking from the teachings of Jesus. Am I focusing on the love of Christ for me and forgetting that he tells me to love my enemy? Am I feeling smug because I don’t steal even though I am coveting what others have? Do I expect others to be kind and compassionate to me all the while being critical and hard-hearted to others? I have so many sins of commission and omission.

How blessed I am to have a way out, to have forgiveness.  At the end of it all, I will see my Saviour and he will transform me into his likeness. Love will conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment