Monday, May 22, 2017

Not Shaken







With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices. Psalm 16:8-9 NIV

My heart is glad , not because I am wonderful or in control, but because God is guiding and protecting me.  He will keep me from being shaken to pieces by the challenges of this life. I won’t fall apart even when difficulties arise. I am glad because it’s not all up to me.  I am not on my own. I am blessed to have an unchangeable, unbeatable, unstoppable, loving, caring, nurturing, forgiving God who is, figuratively, at my side all the time.

I can sing songs even in dark times and I can smile at adversity.  I can encourage others because I know that God can bring them through the deep valleys, too.  Other believers encourage me, as well, and the spirit that binds us together speaks words of wisdom to each of us.  I may be buffeted but I will not be shaken; I will be able to stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment