Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Watch, Hope, Wait

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour; my God will hear me. 

Micah 7:7 NIV

The news is filled with troubles and division. People are angry, scared and stressed. How much more turmoil can we stand? In this verse, the prophet Micah gives us guidance on how to deal with difficult times. We can watch the world knowing that the Lord has revealed the end of the story. He has told us to hope because He has overcome the world and death. For a time, there is pain and suffering but God and his purposes prevail.  The forces of darkness would like us to see them as conquerors, not the already vanquished. As Christians, we wait for the fulfillment of the salvation, the rescuing, the deliverance that comes from the Lord. We have the promise that He hears our prayers.  When our focus is Jesus, and our hearts cling to Him, we don't sink into the mire of conflict and fear.  He is our Saviour; He saves us from our sins, from destruction, from hopelessness. Praise God.

I pray that I will offer a message of hope to people who are feeling overwhelmed with the trials of these days. I pray knowing that God hears my prayer, knowing that no matter how He answers my prayers that I will be drawn closer to Him through them. I thank God for his assurance of salvation and that the "story" ends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment