Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Heavens' Voice

 "There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard." Psalm 19:3 NIV

"Their" in this passage from Psalm 19 refers to the heavens. What are the heavens speaking about? They are talking about the glory of God, creator of the heavens and the earth. People all over the world have looked up to the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets and have wondered about them. How did they get there? What is the relationship of people to the greater cosmos? Everyone in the world sees the same sun. I think this is one of the messages of God that there is one source of life for the whole world. We do not have multiple suns that sustain life, only one sun. In the same way, there is only one God who created the world and who speaks to us. People have perceived the sun differently but the sun doesn't change depending on our view of it. In the same way God does not change depending on our view of him.  He influences us, not the other way around. 

Every day I can contemplate the dependability of the sun which reminds me of the dependability of God. When I feel the warmth of the springtime sun, I am reminded of the love and care that God bestows on me. I thank God for his revelation in his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment