Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Flying High




…those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; Isaiah 40:31 NIV

I love the imagery of this verse.  Eagles effortlessly soaring on the thermals, flying fast and high, with a view of the landscape beneath them.  Freedom and energy and yet at the same time a restfulness and ease are pictured.  I have from time to time had a taste of that experience.  To feel that I am being carried and perhaps blown about but that I still can vary my direction with a change in my wing.
This verse doesn’t say we will never lose strength or grow weary, but it promises that before we hit the ground that God’s updraft will send us up into the air again. I don’t usually see eagles in the sky but I do see other birds soaring through the invisible air supported by the wind currents. What a great reminder for me of God’s support that can make life exciting and free-flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment