Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Discouragement




And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. 1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
When I think of temptation, I often think of things like greed or infidelity or anger.  But I think my biggest temptation is the temptation to be discouraged and pessimistic. Little challenges can seem like a big deal. Cory Ten Boom said, “there are no problems, only plans”, meaning the plans that God has for us which he has promised are to be for our good. How quickly I see problems and want them solved right away. How quickly I feel my energy draining from me when I’m faced with something unappealing. Even though I have had many wonderful surprising turns of events in my life, I still tend to have a gloomy outlook.
It’s a good thing that God is faithful even though I am so often a turn-coat.  Why do I keep doubting his good plans for my life when I can see so much blessing?  I understand it intellectually, but often in my heart I just can’t grasp it. My prayer is that God will help me to be optimistic and full of courage. It’s certainly reassuring that he will not allow me to go to a place that I cannot bear. He knows me better than I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment