Monday, June 12, 2017

Easy Yoke




For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:30 NIV

 This verse gives a quick check for my spiritual life. Do I feel like my yoke is easy? Do I feel that my burden is light? If not, then where am I going wrong.  Jesus always means what he says and if he says his yoke is easy, then it is.  If I am feeling oppressed by my life then I am not walking in his ways. If I am crushed by my responsibilities and worries, then I am not walking in his ways.

I think fear, guilt and a hard-heart are some of the things that hold me down. Why should I fear anything when Jesus says he is with me always? Why should I be afraid when he has promised me eternal life with him? Why should I feel guilty when he says he has forgiven me? Why should I have a hard-heart towards others when God has been so kind and loving to me? I pray that God will keep enlightening me, showing me the error of my thinking, and allowing me to embrace his narrow way with a joyful, light spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment