Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Renewing My Mind




Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2 NIV

This verse reminds me that I have an active part to play in my transformation as a new creation in Christ. I become one of his children when I accept his salvation but I can chose to be a child willing to learn and grow, or I can be a sulky child who still longingly eyes the things of this world.

 We are immersed in a culture that wants us to want.  We are not encouraged to be content with what we have . We are prodded to chase after more money and prestige.  We are told that we deserve people in our lives who think we are wonderful. We are given false hope that certain foods or exercises or pills will provide us with the good health that we should, in the world’s eyes, aspire to.

Paul says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world.” I need to, deliberately with my mind and understanding, read the Bible and seriously consider what it is saying. I need to pay attention to the teaching of my pastors and not let it go in one ear and out the other.  The renewing of my mind will transform me.  It will dispel my fears and anxieties, and allow my heart to be filled with love for my Saviour and the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment