Monday, June 5, 2017

Strength




Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Ephesians 6:10 NIV

I like to watch nature shows. They remind me of the power of God and how powerless we are against it. Earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, hurricanes will overtake anyone in their path no matter how important or powerful a person may think they are. Tyrants and kings are all subject to the forces of nature including bad health. No amount of money will cure a fatal illness. Steve Jobs had plenty of money and prestige but he still died from cancer.  People who think they are invincible are deceived. They are only alive because God allows them to live.
I may be weak but God is invincible. His plan for this world will happen. I can be encouraged by his promises and know that he sets the boundaries of countries and governments. The darkness of evil is nothing when he shines his light on it. I don’t know why there is darkness but I can be confident that God will use it for his purposes and will bring good out of it somehow. I stand against evil, God fights the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment