Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Race



“…let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” Hebrews 12:1 NIV

 The race of life requires determination and perseverance. In a general sense, Christians are all running a race that witnesses to the Good News of Jesus but I think each individual’s race is distinct in its direction and rough patches. The writer of Hebrews recognizes that there may be exhausting hills to climb or muddy roads to slog through or frightening white- water streams to navigate. He encourages to keep our eyes on God and to keep going, trusting in His provision.

When I feel weary or anxious, the race seems too hard and I long to just curl up and escape the demands of life. I pray that God will lead me through  each day stride by stride, helping me do what I can. We don’t have to be the strongest in the race, we just need to stay in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment