Monday, October 15, 2018

Wide Blessings


“…all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”  Genesis 12:3 NIV

God called Abram to leave his town and to travel to a place that God had prepared for him. God promised to bless Abram for his obedience and said that the blessings would extend beyond Abram to all the people on the earth. How true that promise has proved to be. Because of Abram’s obedience, the nation of Israel grew, and out of that nation came our Saviour. As Christians, we also bless people in ways that we don’t foresee. Our influence goes beyond our intimate circle of family and friends as we support missionaries, gather as churches praying for the needs of the world, vote for governments and shine our lights into dark corners of the human condition.  God always has the big picture in mind as well as the personal relationships with his people.

I am not Abraham, nor am I a person of wide influence but my life does have an effect on the world. As I encourage young people in their faith, who knows where God will lead them? Even in small ways, by being patient and kind I reflect the light of Christ and those who come in contact with it feel blessed. My name will quickly be forgotten after I die, but my spiritual life as a Christian will have changed the world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment