Monday, December 7, 2020

What We Do Not See

 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 NIV

One of the biggest challenges for Christians, especially new believers, is accepting the reality of God without being able to see or audibly hear Him.  We read the Bible and want to trust that it is true, but doubts often come our way. In the Old Testament, the Israelites were told to mark certain places to remind them of God's provisions and protection. The Passover feast was to remind them of their escape from Egyptian slavery. At various times in the Gospels, people wanted Jesus to perform signs and wonders to prove his divinity but He knew that only a changed heart could really believe that He was the Messiah. Our hearts are transformed when we step out onto the water like Peter and live our lives taking the Bible as the word of God. Along the way, God will give us significant incidents and answers to prayer that will become our personal markers of God's love.  Those markers will make our faith sure and we will be certain of the God who we cannot see but whose work we can see.

I pray that when I have doubts that I will remember times in my life that God made himself clear to me. I thank him for prayers that were answered in amazing ways. I also thank him for times when I had to wait and learn perseverance and steadfastness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment