Sunday, June 4, 2017

Keep On




Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  Hebrews 12:3

Remember Jesus. Remember the opposition.  Remember the lies that people told about him. Remember how the disciples often didn’t understand what he was saying.  Why would our situation be different from Jesus’? Sometimes I feel so dragged down by other people, some of them outside the Church, some of them inside the Church.  This marathon of faith is challenging and sometimes weighty. We have times of joy and times spent with dear friends and family, but then there are the times of frustration, sorrow, and weariness from time spent with those who oppose in one way or another the Gospel of Christ.

I need to turn my heart and eyes to Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. He will give me renewed strength and love.   He will teach me to laugh at the arrows of the devil, and to deflect the blows of my antagonists. He will remind me of his promise of eternal life with him.  I pray that I will see the big picture and let the little stuff crumble into dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment