Friday, September 28, 2018

True Power




…nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ…Romans 8: 39 NIV

Violence, intimidation, mockery, poverty, illness – none of these can separate us from the love of God that is manifested in Christ. We are absolutely secure in his love and in his everlasting care. This is true power. It is the power that can overcome fear and hate. To know that we are loved by God, the creator of the universe, reduces attacks against us, whether by men or Satan, to their real level. Our shepherd will keep our souls safe even if our bodies die or are killed. We are invincible because of our relationship with Christ. He has all power and he will not let us go. We are bound together for eternity. Even our own waywardness cannot pull us from his grasp.

I don’t believe in an impersonal spiritual essence.  I believe in a God who loves me personally and who covets my relationship. If I am rejected by people, it is nothing in comparison to being a child of a loving Father. What a blessed assurance I have that in this life and the next, I am definitely going to be with the God I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment